Addiction from drugs or any other opioids has become a real concern for the government and societies. It spreads from one person to another within a fraction of second. Mostly young generation of 18 years of age gets addicted to prescription drugs or heroin, cocaine and so on.
To help a person get rid of addictions and abuses, there are many authorized centers offering detox programs which include therapeutic treatment along with suboxone medication. Suboxone is now preferred more than methadone as a treatment medication for opioid addiction.
What is suboxone?
A prescription medication used in treating people addicted to opioids, illegal or prescription. It contains two ingredients – buprenorphine and naloxone. Former is a partial opioid agonist which blocks the opiate receptors and reduces a person’s urges and later reverse the effects of opioids. Together they prevent withdrawal symptoms associated with an opioid addiction.
Doctors at suboxone treatment clinics providence prescribes suboxone medication at the entire treatment process and recovery. At these centers, the doctors or the counselors will also help plan comprehensive treatment process for your loved ones.
What are the uses of suboxone?
Suboxone is prescribed for dependence on short-acting opioids including heroin and prescription painkillers. It is typically not recommended for long-acting opioids.
The first phase of the suboxone medication is the withdrawal phase where symptoms are most uncomfortable and potentially dangerous. Doctors at suboxone treatment centers Providence will help your loved ones to move from the withdrawal phase to the maintenance phase. Once the treatment gets completed, the doctor may reduce the dose of the medication and will ask to continue till one no longer needs the medication.
Suboxone medication should not be taken without doctor’s instruction. Under proper guidance of doctors, individuals on suboxone gradually lose cravings and experience withdrawal symptoms.
What role does suboxone play in addiction treatment?
For managing opioid addiction for longer period of time, suboxone medication is used during different stages of the treatment. When the medication is included as a part of a comprehensive treatment plan, it eliminates opioid addiction altogether.
Unlike stimulants, suboxone, being a depressant will slow the patients down rather than speeding up. Therefore, they may experience:
- Pain relief
- Calmness and overall well-being
- Perceived fewer worries and reduced stress levels
For a successful recovery,take your loved ones to nearby suboxone clinic at regular intervals for check-ups.
How should your loved ones take suboxone medication?
Suboxone must be taken as guided by the doctor. Make surethat your loved ones follow the doctors’ directions for each dose.
If they are using suboxone film, they need to place it under their tongue. While the film is dissolving –
- One must not chew or swallow the film. This can cause the medicine not to work as well.
- One must not talk while the film is in one’s mouth. This may also affect how the medicine is absorbed in one’s body.
What are the processes involved in the treatment with suboxone for curing addiction?
Doctors at suboxone treatment centers Providence help the addicted individual to get rid of drug in a safe and controlled manner by designing a treatment plan which helps in gradually removing drug traces from the body.
The plan includes –
- Evaluation and assessment plan – After understanding the issues relating to the person’s use of drugs, various reasons are identified as –
- Behavioral disorders
- Mental health disorders
- Treatment plan – Once the issue is addressed, the plan will include –
- person’ goals for recovery
- time length for recovery and
- Available resources.
- Personal therapy – a one-on-one interaction between patient and the therapist helps the individual to share his issues openly regarding the circumstances which have lead to his addiction.
- Group therapy – A single therapist addresses a group of addicted people. Being in a group helps each other to know about their problems and also seek support from their counterparts.
- Alternative therapies – includes artistic therapies, food based therapies, exercise therapies, Animal-assisted therapies and much more purely based on ones’ interests and needs.
- Holistic therapies – includes yoga, meditation, drumming, hypnotherapy, acupuncture, and more which he can opt for during this treatment plan.
- After care and support – even after rehab program ends, individuals still visit their therapists for treating other issues like mental health issues or addictions and so on.
How Suboxone Treatment Can Save Your Love Life?